Mitsui-Soko Group Occupational Health and Safety Policy
The Mitsui-Soko Group recognizes that ensuring health and safety of employees, business partners and other stakeholders is of great importance in our business activities, and promote the creation of safe and healthy working environments.
- We promote the creation of working environments that ensure health and safety, striving for two-way communication with employees, business partners and other stakeholders.
- We comply with laws and regulations on occupational health and safety.
- We set targets to enhance our health and safety initiatives, and promote health and safety management, accident prevention and recurrence prevention to achieve them. This includes:
- Identifying health and safety risks by investigating and analyzing near misses, and implementing measures to reduce them
- Raising awareness of health and safety through education and training
- Promoting continuous improvement
June 24, 2021
Mitsui-Soko Holdings Co., Ltd.
Promotion of Work-Style Reforms
Through work-style reforms, we are making improvements to our workplaces in response to the current, significant
changes in the business environment. Each Group company reviews and encourages flexible working hours and
short-time work systems while devising ways to improve operational efficiency. To encourage interdepartmental
exchanges and improve productivity, we have been implementing a system in which employees are free to choose
their workspaces at our Tokyo head office since April 2019 and are promoting the use of activity-based working
(ABW)* in conjunction with various work styles.
(*A work style in which employees can choose their locations and desks according to the nature of their work. In the future, it will be introduced at each site.)
Thorough Occupational Safety Measures
Based on the thinking that logistics quality, which is based on safety and security, is one source of corporate value, the Group strives to create workplaces where accidents do not occur. We hold safety management study sessions and review measures taken after past incidents at each Group company as part of continuing to improve the quality of our business operations. Every year, the entire Group conducts a Business Improvement Contest. By commending good practice within the Group and laterally disseminating information, we are building a corporate structure by which the entire Group continues to evolve.