Response to Climate Change
Mitsui-Soko Group Environmental Policy
The Mitsui-Soko Group aims to contribute to creating a low-carbon society and circular economy by proactively reducing environmental impact through logistics.
- We comply with laws and social standards on environmental conservation.
- In consideration of the impact our business activities have on the environment, we will implement the following initiatives to prevent environmental pollution and reduce our environmental impact.
- Improve our energy efficiency to mitigate and adapt to climate change by performing inspections and maintenance on facilities and equipment, and by shifting to renewable energy and energy-saving equipment and vehicles
- Promote reuse and recycling, and enforce waste reduction and appropriate disposal
- Engage in procurement and product and service development that considers factors such as biodiversity, climate change and environmental pollution
- Promote partnership with regional communities and reduce environmental impact throughout the value chain as an environmentally responsible company
- We promote continuous improvement by assessing the status of our environmental initiatives and formulating action plans with targets, implementing and reviewing the initiatives.
- To support our initiatives, we will use environmental education programs and public relations to promote understanding and awareness among Mitsui-Soko Group employees about reducing environmental impact in society and our business partners’ value chain.
June 24, 2021
Mitsui-Soko Holdings Co., Ltd.